Term 2 - Dunkin Donuts 4 -Safety Scholarship Contest
for application, judging criteria and to view past entries:
Rules and RequirementsStudents have the option of creating either a poster or a 60 second PSA-style video that sends an important safety message about how to reduce unintentional injuries among children and/or teens. Entries will be judged by a panel of injury prevention and media professionals. The winner in each category will receive a college scholarship worth up to $1,000! Additional rules are as follows:
- The scholarship is open to high school and college students who live in or attend school in Rhode Island and Bristol County Massachusetts.
- Students have the option of creating a poster (must work alone) or a 60 second video (may work with a partner) that sends an important safety message to their peers and community.
- Participants under 18 must have an adult mentor. This person can be a teacher, parent, coach or workplace supervisor.
- We will award up to $4,000 in college scholarships for the entire contest! (If working with a partner on a video, each will split the awarded amount.)
- All entries are due June 1, 2017.
- Winners will be notified in the summer of 2017.
all posters must be designed in Adobe Photoshop
no copyright characters or images
all original artwork and photos
visit web site for criteria, dimensions, etc.
2016-2017 Level 1 Assignments & Extra Credit
See the link above for contest rules, dates, etc.
Create an 14 x 22" poster in MS Publisher. The theme this year is:WHAT IS A FRIEND.
Think about this...... create a web of ideas to come up with an original way to depict this theme.
Please click "2015 poster winners" to view winning submissions from last year.
PAST ASSIGNMENTS (EXAMPLES)
TERM 1 2014:
read offiicial rules
download, print, and fill out entry form
1. 11 x 17"
2. Any medium (you can draw/paint/collage and scan it into the computer)
3. Must include the words "teen" or "youth" as well as "job" or "work."
4. Must have a slogan
5. Send a message about teen jobs and what it means to work in a safe environment/recognize potential hazards
6. No copyrighted characters or images
7. MUST BE PRINTED BY DEC. 1st
REFLECTION & SBRHS Print Publication
2 paragraph reflection about a logo, brochure, business card, etc. that caught your eye. Bring in something from your travels- every day we see flyers, business cards, logos on to-go cups, etc. Think about the decisions the designer made. Why did he/she choose certain colors, shapes, images, and why did they arrange the text and imagery in that way? What are the prominent elements and principles of design? What would you change about it? What caught your eye?
Term III- POSTER or DECAL
* All artwork must be original- all photos, drawings, etc. must be made by YOU or you must have written approval by the owner.
pedestrian or bike safety
Option 2: Somerset Friends of Music Decal
Create a rectangular document in Adobe Photoshop. Create a bold, eye-catching logo for Somerset Friends of Music. Must include Somerset Friends of Music and "40th Anniversary of the Musictown Festival" (you may word it differently). Must have a visual reference to music.
*Keep in mind, this design will be placed on lawn signs and bumper stickers.... it must be versatile.